Killeshal offer a range of Tactile Studs and Tactile Strips for use as anti-slip aids and as aids for the visually impaired. They are manufactured from high grade (marine grade) stainless steel and are available in a variety of finishes.
These tactile paving inserts are a excellent alert mechanism for both sighted and visually impaired pedestrians, particularly at bus and rail platforms or at pedestrian crossing points. Download our product brochure sheet for images and product reference numbers and contact our Technical Sales Team for assistance in selecting and ordering the best studs or strips for your project
Our tactile studs are available in five different styles or finishes. Two of these have textured inserts in the heads.
The two Tactile Studs with head inserts have either a tough carborundum surface pad or a luminous surface pad.
Three of the styles are steel only finishes with no inserts as follows:
The two types available with our Tactile Strips feature either grooved or knurled surface textures.
Installation Instructions for Tactile Studs and Bars
- The relevant standards governing correct layout and orientation for the Tactile Indicators must be complied with and a drilling template positioned and taped to the substrate to avoid movement while drilling.
- The holes are individually drilled and the template removed.
- Dust and debris is vacuumed from the holes and a quality two part adhesive is injected into each cavity.
- The studs are fitted and tapped flush with the substrate with a nylon mallet.
- The installation can accept light pedestrian traffic immediately as the stud stems are textured to achieve an interference fit.
- Depending on ambient temperate, the adhesive takes 1-2 hours to cure completely.
If you would like to know more about our products and delivery services please contact us by phone on 05793 53018 or by email at email@example.com or you may use the contact form below.